A new life of Health, Joy, & Wisdom
The Love · Evolve · Awaken YTT is a love-crafted, authentically Tantrik Yoga Teacher Training Program.
‘Love says “I am everything.”
Wisdom says “I am nothing.”
Between the two, my life flows.’
~ Nisargadatta Maharaj
Our trainings are NOT for everyone, but for those ready to truly show up for Deep Self-Exploration & a Readiness to open their Heart.
- Recognized world-wide as RYT-200 by Yoga Alliance, USA
- Based on Traditional Yogic Teachings, Vedic Sciences, Tantrik Scriptures and Advaita Vedanta (the non-duality tradition of India)
- An invitation not just for those interested in becoming quality yoga instructors, but for everyone yearning to go on a transformative journey by cultivating your inborn awareness with clarity and presence, reconnecting with your Inner Guidance
- Teach actual classes from the first week
We are a Yoga Alliance-registered school working out of several sacred spaces dedicated to the attainment of real Freedom through spiritual practice and deep understanding of our True Self.
These extraordinary locations, combined with a unique comprehensive academic-level curriculum and powerful daily practice guided by highly educated, experienced and caring teachers facilitate an experience of life-changing scope on all levels – physical, energetic/emotional, mental, and spiritual.
The Love · Evolve · Awaken YTT allows you to create a vibrant, inspired and blissful life for yourself and your future students by accessing the highest and completest version of yourself through the effects of focused spiritual practice and proper understanding.
Instead of an overly gymnastic approach, our classical style of Hatha/Kundalini Yoga focuses extensively on Stillness of Body & Mind in each posture to be recognized as the source and background of our being. This type of practice allows for deep self-inquiry, profound insights and lasting inspiration.
Major course elements:
- Authentic postures & gestures (Asana & mudra)
- Expansive breathing practices (Pranayama)
- Powerful locks (Bandha)
- Simple, yet effective age-old purification techniques (Kriya)
- Comprehensive talks & discussions on the various aspects, stages and practices of Yoga, featuring Ashtanga / The Eight Limbs of Yoga aka Raja Yoga
- Insightful Practicums (teaching rehearsals)
- Heartful chanting circles with Ceremonial Mayan Cacao (Bhakti Yoga / The Yoga of Devotion)
- Guided meditations (Advaita / Self-Inquiry)
- Anatomy and physiology background knowledge including how to properly achieve and correct the alignment of each posture as well as their individual health benefits
- Personal guidance along the way
- A valuable 4-day Intensive Module on a different topic in each training: Bhakti, Meditation retreat, Ayurveda (kindly check our calendar to see which course includes which module)
- 1-day workshop on Tantra & Relationships (no nudity, of course)
All this will be completed with valuable insights on how to kick-start (or upgrade) your career as a successful and inspiring yoga teacher:
- tailoring your offerings to potential clients
- ethical yoga marketing
- student & venue management
- web design and advertisement advice
- our experiences with social media marketing
Our senior teachers Arpita & Arjuna, founders of Mahadevi Ashram & The Inner Peace Sanctuary, are an amazingly complementary and synergistic couple who dedicate their lives to the path of Service and Union in the Light of Consciousness.
Arjuna Dharmadas (ND, E-RYT-500) is our main teacher who will guide you through your Hatha/Kundalini Yoga practice & theory, Yogic philosophy and anatomy.
Arpita Kshama Devi (MA Eastern Studies) is leading the practices of meditation (dhyana) and will offer you a sacred space for reconnecting with your true Self in Stillness, Compassion and Perfection.
Both, Arjuna and Arpita are passionate about Bhakti Yoga (the Yoga of Devotion), Mantra chanting and Tantra and will hold these sessions together.
HATHA YOGA We will hold two sessions of Kundalini Hatha Yoga each day, one in the morning with Arjuna, another in the afternoon led by one of you as a practicum followed by a feedback circle.
MEDITATION Every morning we will start the day with a guided session of chanting & meditation to explore our true Self with ever-growing awareness & love. In the middle of some courses we will go deeper by retreating into complete Silence for a few days.
DISCOURSES Every course day there will be discourses on the different aspects, stages and practices of Yoga and related spiritual traditions as well as how to teach successfully and inspiringly.
KIRTAN Every week we hold a Sacred Mantra Circle with Ceremonial Cacao. In Guatemala the yoga scene of Lake Atitlan joins us at the ashram.
YOGA PRACTICES — 100 HOURS
· Asana (Posture)
· Pranayama (Breathing techniques)
· Kriya (Purification techniques)
· Chanting & Mantra (The Yoga of Sound)
· Tantra (no nudity)
· Meditation These hours are a mix of a) Guided practice of the techniques, b) Pedagogical training of how to teach and practice the techniques
TEACHING METHODOLOGY — 25 HOURS
· Principles of demonstration, observation, assisting/correcting, instruction
· Teaching styles
· Qualities to be developed as a Yoga teacher
· The students’ process of learning
· Business aspects of teaching yoga
YOGA ANATOMY & AYURVEDA — 20 HOURS
· Physical human anatomy and physiology (bodily systems, organs, etc.) · Anatomy of the subtle bodies: chakras, nadis, etc.
· We cover the study of the subject and the application of its principles to the yoga practice · Benefits, contraindications, healthy movement patterns, etc
PHILOSOPHY, LIFESTYLE & ETHICS — 30 HOURS
· Meaning and value of Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras
· Essence of the Bhagavad Gita
· Historical evolution of Yoga
· The Yoga lifestyle in modern society
· Ethics for Yoga teachers
PRACTICUM — 10 HOURS
· Teaching practice
· Observing others teaching
· Giving and receiving feedback
· Assisting the teacher in the daily practice class
RETREAT – 36 HOURS
· Taking our experience to the next deeper stage of internalization
· Cultivating Stillness and observing how peace and happiness are our natural state underneath the usual busy-ness of the mind
· Developing authenticity of what you are teaching
The course consists of four weeks of classes with five days per week, 7 am – 1.30 pm and 4.30 – 7.30 pm, completed by one of these 4-day special modules:
- Silent Meditation Retreat to integrate the teachings more deeply
- extended Tantra workshop
- uplifting Bhakti extravaganza
- wholesome Ayurveda module
- inspiring Permaculture module
Check the schedule to see which module runs when. Many other YTT’s offer quicker programs (over three or even two weeks) with less actual ‘contact hours’ in the classroom, requiring students to complete a number of hours by themselves afterwards to reach the 200 hours required for certification. Our course features over 225 contact hours, ensuring that you will be adequately prepared to guide future students confidently and successfully.
Our Teacher trainings are registered with Yoga Alliance International as RYT-200. In order to receive the Yoga Instructor certificate we require successful completion of the whole course (with at least 95% attendance), a presentable practicum class and passing of the final exam. This is no reason for concern, we do achieve great success rates due to the professional preparation throughout the course. Please see the Disclaimers below.
- Guatemala: Airport pickup (GUA airport) at 11 am on the first day of the course
- Italy: Airport Pickup (Pisa airport) at 4 pm on the first day of the course. Alternatively, pickup at other times from nearest railway station, assistance with railway arrangements available
- Tuscan-style or simple ashram-style accommodation (shared or private rooms, bell tents)
- 225+ hours of instruction and practice recognized for 200-hour RYT international Yoga Instructor Certificate of Yoga Alliance (subject to disclaimers below)
- Course Manual and supplemental materials
- All meals – vegetarian (vegan in Guatemala), students often write home about them :p
- Bhakti module / Ayurveda module or Silent Meditation Retreat (see dates below to find out which module for each course)
- Ceremonial Cacao Kirtan every week
- Steam room / Sauna sessions
- Italy: Weekend trips to Florence, Lucca and other places around Tuscany
- Personal guidance throughout these life-changing journeys
BOOKING & TERMS
Once your payment is complete you will be taken to our application form. Please allow up to seven days for us to get back to you. If we don’t think this is a good time for you to take this course we will refund the deposit in full.
Participation is limited to 18 students (12 in Tuscany) and subject to approval by the teachers. To secure your spot, a deposit is required. If made more than two months in advance your deposit is protected by a 14-day unconditional money-back guarantee. This deposit is deducted from the course fee, of course.
The balance is due two months prior to your course (three or six months for super/early bird discount).
Once you have paid in full, if you need to cancel for any reason we will refund your second payment less 30% until two months, 50% until one month prior to the first day of your course. There is no refund less than one month in advance, but the option to attend a future course at a reduced rate. All transfer fees are payable by the participant. Please inquire for payment options without these fees.
Please contact us in case of any questions: [email protected]
- We don’t allow meat, tobacco, alcohol or drugs on the premises.
- We do not consider it appropriate for a Yoga teacher to smoke at all, so if you are not able to give up such habits over the course of the YTT, we will not be able to issue a teacher’s certificate (without refund). You will receive a Practitioner’s certificate instead to acknowledge your participation.
- We reserve the right to terminate any student’s course participation on grounds of being unfit to become a Yoga teacher. This decision will be at our discretion (but not made lightly or without consultation with the student in question and has never happened so far). In such cases a refund will be given proportionately to the part of the course that was taken (e.g. after half the course, half of the second the payment will be refunded unless the termination is due to false information in the application form or message exchange)
- Should a student leave the course at any point on their own accord, no refund will be offered
- Should a student not pass the final exam of the YTT, they will have the chance of taking the exam a second time the next day; if failed again, we offer to take the entire YTT again at a reduced rate
- The ashram is located in a traditional village in the developing world, which may cause noise and other occasional inconveniences. Even in the remote location of our Italian center there is no guarantee for perfect silence.
Paying the deposit constitutes agreement with the above terms.
VENUES / ASHRAMS
Mahadevi Ashram in Guatemala is located in Tzununa, right outside San Marcos La Laguna, a unique village often called “the spiritual heart of Central America”, which harbors a beautiful and diverse scene of seekers, healers and artists to connect with. You may be able to arrive early or stay on after the course, please inquire for details.
The Inner Peace Sanctuary in Italy is a sacred space tucked away in the picturesque hills of Northern Tuscany, half-way between Florence and Pisa. It is dedicated to those who wish to get away for a while to immerse themselves in nature, stillness & the wisdom of the Heart.
For more information and photos see the Locations page.
Once your payment is complete you will be taken to our application form. Please allow up to three days for us to get back to you after filling it in. If we don’t think this is a good time for you to take this course we will refund the deposit in full.